Thursday, June 10, 2010

Went of our Ragu, came back with Prego

Tony offered to head out to get me some sauce for my pasta tonight. I am a Traditional Ragu girl if I am not using my gram's recipe. This was something I thought, after 12+ years, Anthony would have known...apparently not.

He comes thru the door and asks me if I want the good news or the bad news. Of course, I want the bad news. The bad news is he got me Prego. I didn't even get to hear the good news. (Which I just asked him now what it was and he informed me, "That he got sauce") I said, very passionately, " I HATE Prego!." How, as an Italian person himself, and knowing I am very picky about my sauce when we go to restaurants, how does he not know this?

So, I had to get back in my truck, with my sore legs, abs, and butt, drive to CVS and to get Ragu. I just should have gone down to the freezer in the garage, got out a container of homemade sauce and defrosted it. Lesson learned..for BOTH of us!

1 comment:

  1. Me too! I am all Ragu traditional! No prego for me! I HATE chunks in my sauce! Men! ;)

    ReplyDelete