Monday, June 7, 2010

The sun sets in the north?

The drive home to Pittsburgh is always eventful when I don't nap. We are literally 7 miles from my parents when I come out with this apparent doozie of a question for Tony.

If the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, why do we get gorgeous sunsets on Lake Erie?

It didn't make sense to me because Lake Erie is North. Before Tony would even answer me, he picked up his phone and started dialing someone. That someone was Murph. Unfortunately, he did not answer, so I had to leave him a message. (I still need to chat with him about this subject)

Tony asked me, when we are on the boat and the sun is setting, which direction are we. I said, "North." After about 10 different ways of him asking me this same question and me having the same answer, he finally said "West, we are facing WEST!"

To my defense, I was not thinking which direction we were facing, I was thinking we were in Lake Erie and we were North of everything! HA! I know understand, when you are on Lake Erie in a boat, you can be North, North East or North West.....ah, sometimes I amaze myself with the way my mind works!

No comments:

Post a Comment