Saturday, May 29, 2010

An hour felt like 5...

My MIL sent us Kohls cash, as she does every time she gets some, which is AWESOME! We decided to head to Kohls, get a food scale, then to Blockbuster for a movie, then we just HAD to pick up some soda and something for Tony's HUGE ear and home. Sounds easy enough....ah NO!

Kohls: We go in on a mission - to find a food scale. We walk around the entire kitchen area looking for one. We didn't see them, however, I did see a $100 toaster. WHAT? Who needs a $100 toaster and why do you need to "Reheat" something in a toaster? HONESTLY! Anyway, I hear Tony ask if they carry food scales. The lady takes him over to the gadgets and proceeds to tell us that "They don't carry food scales because everyone is going to the POINTS system." We looked at her like she had 10 heads of course, so she proceeded to tell us about Weight Watchers and the points. At this time, I notice a HORRIFIC smell of rotten eggs and Tony is NO WHERE to be found. So as I am saying thank you and trying to get away from this terrible smell, she keeps chatting to me about going to Wal-Mart and getting a "postal scale" since they measure ounces. (I am aware that Wal-Mart carries food scales but I figured why not get one with my cash)

I finally get away from this crazy Weight Watcher Point talker and start yelling at Tony for farting in Kohls while we are both standing there. He looks at me and says, "I SWEAR that was NOT me!" So, not only did this lady insist on speaking to me, but she farted while she was talking to me - AWESOME!

After purchasing Tony dress shoes and me a cute pair of black flat, we headed to Blockbuster...

Blockbuster: We are at Blockbuster so frequent, that they know us when we come in. The associates appreciate Tony's craziness, which is nice because he was EXTRA crazy today! I give him a "speech" before we go in that needs to "settle down". That lasted a whole 3 minutes. As we are looking for a movie, we see Extraordinary Measures. Tony says in a loud voice, "I already work 24 hours a day" (this comes from the obnoxious commercial they kept playing to promote the movie while it was in theaters.) Next thing I hear is the associates all laughing because they know exactly why he said it.

After making a lap around Blockbuster with no movie in hand, we decide to ask our favorite associate what to get. He is a VERY good movie picker. He told me the Kevin Costner movie "just looked terrible" and not to get the movie with James Vander Beak in it. So we decided on a Woody Harrelson movie that will apparently "ruin our night" but is very good. As we are leaving and having an in dept conversation about Lindsey Lohan and movies like Mean Girls, Tony decides to SCREAM "GIVE ME BACK MY SON" Now, if you have ever been with Anthony and heard him say this movie line, you KNOW how loud he can be. We left on that note....Watch out CVS here we come

CVS:We were here for 2 things: soda and something for Tony's ear that is infected. It is the outside and it is swollen, hot (apparently) and hurts. I suggested fungal cream because, lets face it. There is a REALLY good chance, he scratched his "little Tony's" then touched his ear. He went to ask the pharmacist because apparently my diagonsis wasn't good enough. When he was explaining how his ear hurt, he then proceeds to say, "Well, my wife here thinks that I have jock itch on my ear. She says I scratched my balls then my ear." Honestly! So, we settled on a different anit-itch cream and headed to the checkout, but not after getting his precious soda that he has been "so hungry for". After standing in line and him telling me, "I am going to be 35 before we leave this place" we finally get up to the register where I give my CVS card, coupon and EXACT change..hahaha. I notice he is out of the building before me and I know he his hiding behind he wall waiting for me to jump out. What he was not aware of was the old lady that "stole" a tube of anti-itch medicine (because I watched her walk out the door with it) that was walking infront of me. She comes around the corner and I see his face - he ALMOST jumped out in front of her. As he and I are laughing and discussing the face he almost gave her a heart attack, she screams "Oh MY GOD! I didn't pay for his" Tony feels the need to yell, "that is the BEST sale. Just take it".

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing at everything. You two are too funny!

    ReplyDelete