Thursday, May 6, 2010

Friom Moe's to Mexico

We had a Sies De Mayo celebration at Moe's with Steph and Matt. With all the Mexican celebration, I reminded myself of my GREAT idea: Why doesn't the US buy Mexico. Canada doesn't have Drug Cartel, they aren't killing people and leaving them in random ditches and Canadians don't try and sneak across the boarder ALL the time. They are friendly neighbors, Mexico, not so much. I am over it and this, to me, is a way to stop it all!

First, Tony explained that Mexico is NOT for sale. I disagree, everything has a price. Lets just put a "bid" on it. He, in his usual joking manner, suggested why don't we go to war with them instead? I was like, "HELL YA! We would totally win!" Then, he said, "Other people would not be happy with that decision, Autumn" I suggested we give back the Statue of Liberty if that people become upset. Steph lost it and said, while laughing really hard, " Yes, lets give the French back the Statue of Liberty so we can wage a war with Mexico." War or money - your choice Mexico!

This subject was briefly touched on a few weeks ago, when I suggested/asked Tony about it after reading so many stories about Mexico and EVERY ONE dealt with death, drugs or torture. As usual, I gave my ideas on the subject and we never spoke of it again. We have a tendency to have these conversations daily, they usually happen at bedtime when my mind is blank. Usually he answers by saying, "Why don't we let Murph answer this one".

No comments:

Post a Comment