Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Lake Placid, Dead Lake, Lake Erie..take your pick!

I am very upset about the following things that have happened in Erie the past few days:
  1. A dead cow carcass washes up on Beach 1 AND they did not even close it. Can you imagine how bad that smelled. Think of a fish and times that by like 200%!
  2. A 3 foot alligator is found in French Creek
As I try and discuss these two things that are making my head spin, Tony seems to think neither one is a huge deal. So I explain my questions to him about this: Why did no one notice a huge dead cow floating in the water? Where is there a farm that this cow "washed" away from and why was it only one? Why not a herd of cows. You mean to tell me there is on ONE dead cow? Did it commit suicide?

As for the alligator, I could have gone on forever. All I can think of is Lake Placid and Betty White with those little alligators nibbling at her toes at the end.

I go on to say that I don't think I will be able to get in the lake again after this. Who knows what else is living in there or what else is dead and will float by.

Tony's answer to me is, "I do not see what the big deal is. It is just a fluke." I proceed to say, "REALLY?!?" and he says, "What? Do you think there is a meeting between alligators and cows going on to take over the Lake?"

This is why I can not discuss these subjects with him.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I didn't hear of either of these stories! That is so gross of the cow. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't hear of such stories either!! wtf!!??

    ReplyDelete