Saturday, June 19, 2010

Tony vs the Mask

For those of you that aren't aware, due to Tony's sleep apnea, he is wearing a CPAC mask which has been the best thing to ever happen to the both of us. He gets a full, uninterrupted 8 hours of sleep and I don't have to hear his snoring or listen to make sure he is breathing.

Although, he had been doing real well with wearing it, every so often he has an "off" night with the mask. For example, sometimes he fights it and throws it off his face, it hits the wall and ends up on the floor. 10 minutes later, he will let out a really loud sigh, sit up, pick it up and put it back on and be asleep in 30 seconds. Other times, there is water that accumulates in the mask, and he will take it off and shake it. In the process, I hear poor Keishaun making sneezing noised because Tony is "blessing" him with the water that shoots out of the mask.

Most recently, for the past two night, he has been talking to me when I ask him, "What is going on over there with your mask?" First night, he takes the mask and rests it on his forehead. When I asked him what he is doing with his mask, he answers, with his fist tight by his face, "Mind your own business devil woman." Then, 2 minutes later, he replaced the mask on his face and proceeds to sleep. In the morning, when I ask him if he remembers, he doesn't!

The next night, I get woken up by him literally ripping his mask off and throwing it. I ask again, "What is going on with the mask" He tells me, "I am sweating like a WILD BANCHI" (I still can't help but laugh out loud when I repeat him saying that) I say, okay. A few minutes later, he sighs, gets up, puts on the mask but also is now on the floor. I, again, ask, "What is going on down there?" He tells me, "I am FIXING it." Well, that is great except there is nothing to fix on the floor because the unit is on the stand BESIDE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment