Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Church of the Ladder Day Saints....

After a long day for the both of us - the 3rd anniversary of Big Ange's death - we decided to skip the gym, go to the grocery store get some groceries and dinner. On our way back from Wegmans, we had a few visitors.

As we were coming up the road, we saw the Mormon's at our house. We drove passed, like we didn't live there, and turned around and came back. They were at the neighbors, but of course, the bee lined it over to us. Now mind you, they visit my parent's neighborhood and it is ALWAYS during football season and on a Sunday. So, instead of turning them away, my Dad invites them in and tells them to help them selves to the food and watch the game. Even if someone else answers the door, they ask for Mark!

As we are getting the groceries and dinner out of the truck, they are asking us questions, "Do you believe in Jesus Christ?" "Do you believe in prophets?" Tony kindle explained we do believe in Jesus, he is Catholic. My mind was going crazy with all the stuff he was rambling, but I stuck to "I am Presbyterian". He kept on about prophets and preaching the word of Jesus Christ. I KNOW I was just staring at him thinking A) I just watched Live or Something Like It and all I could think about was Prophet Jack B) How do you know what Jesus Christ wants you to say? C) How does he share his thoughts with you? SO many questions. I believe Tony saw the wheels turning in this crazy head of mine and right after they asked if they could come in an talk to us - which by the way, I probably would have let them in to hear what they had to say - he said: "I appreciate what you are saying and I don't mean any disrespect, but you know what would make me happy? Going in the house and eating my dinner that are in those white Wegmans containers."

When we got in the house and I turned to Tony, he said, "I was so afraid you were going to ask questions and I thought you were going to mention about Prophet Jack!"

No comments:

Post a Comment